Resource Viewer - NikPEViewer 0.12v (beta)
PE Resource Viewer is build upon a (32/64 bit Portable Executable file format) PE explorer/viewer
which shows windows resource items such as Menu, Dialog, String table, Accelarator keys,
Bitmap, Icons, cursor, application version and other resource details in graphical view.
This application can works with PE/PE+/PE32+ formats such as EXE, DLL, MSSTYLES
, SYS, OCX, ActiveX, WDM and NT driver, SCR and other win32 executables. PE (Portable Executable) format
is designed by Microsoft used in 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows® operating systems i.e. Win9X, Win2000, WinNT, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2008 etc on IA-32, IA-64, and x86-64 (AMD64/Intel64) machines. For more information about PE file format refer to External links.
- Can graphically shows Menu and sub-menu, Dialog, String table, Accelarator keys,
Bitmap, Icons, cursor, application version resource items.
- Click on menu item to view drop-down or popup sub-menu items.
- Small size (just 132 KBytes when zip) and no need to install or un-install just unzip and run.
- Application doesn't have any MFC lib/dll dependency, as application build using pure win32 APIs.
- Binary viewer for more detailed analysis of PE resource items.
- Can open more than one PE module files parallely for easy comparision.
- Dispaly executable DOS and NT header sturcture details such as Checksum and EntryPoint etc.
- User can view Data directories and Sections informations info.
- Shows Export address table (EAT) Functions table view.
- Dispaly Import address table (IAT) functions view.
- Better user interface compare to previous release.
- Double clicking or pressing return/enter key over the tree items highlights binary info or show resource items.
- Shows PE & resource image items (i.e. Icon, Bitmpap & cursor) summary in HTML viewer and makes its like anywhere PE viewer/explorer.
[132 KB download size]